Data protection information of HMK V AG
From 25 May 2018, the provisions of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as: GDPR) will apply across Europe. Below, we wish to inform you of the processing of personal data carried out by HMK V AG in accordance with this new regulation (see Article 13 GDPR). Please read our data protection information carefully. Should you have questions or comments concerning this data protection information, you can contact us via the email address stated in Number 2 at any time.
- Name and contact information for the person responsible for the processing, as well as for the company data protection officer
- Purpose of the data processing, legal basis and legitimate interest which are pursued by HMK V AG or a third party, as well as categories of recipients
3.1 Accessing our website
3.2 Online presence and website optimisation
- Transfer to recipients outside of the EU
- Your rights
- Data protection measures
- Changes to the data protection information
The following data protection notice informs you of the type and scope of processing of so-called personal data by HMK V AG. Personal data is information which can be directly or indirectly attributed or assigned to your person.
By accessing the website of HMK V AG, various information will be exchanged between your end device and our server. This can also include personal data. The information which is gathered in such a way is used, amongst others, to optimise our website or to display advertising in the browser of your end device.
In accordance with the guidelines of the GDPR, you have various rights which you can claim in relation to us. Amongst others, this includes the right to raise an objection in relation to selected data processing, in particular for advertising purposes. The option to raise an objection is available in typographical form.
Should you have any questions concerning our data protection notice, you can contact our company data protection officer at any time. The contact details are below.
2. Name and contact information for the person responsible for the processing, as well as for the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to the data processing by HMK V AG, Leubernstrasse 6, CH-8280 Kreuzlingen (“responsible body”) and the website www.hmk.eu.
The company data protection officer of HMK V AG can be contacted at the above-mentioned address, Customer Data Protection Department and via email by firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Purpose of the data processing, legal basis and legitimate interest which are pursued by HMK V AG or a third party, as well as categories of recipients
3.1 Accessing our website
When accessing our website, information is automatically sent to the server of our website by the browser being used on your end device and is temporarily saved in a so-called log file. We do not have any control over this. The following information is recorded in such a case without any action on your part and is saved until automated deletion:
- The IP address of the requesting device with Internet capability
- The date and time of the access
- The name and URL of the accessing file
- The website from which the access took place (referrer URL)
- The browser used by you and, if applicable, the operating system of your device with Internet capability and the name of your access provider.
The legal basis for the processing of the IP address is Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter f) GDPR. Our justified interest arises from the following purposes of data gathering listed below. We now wish to point out that we are not directly able to trace your identity through the data gathered by us and that this is not carried out by us.
The IP address of your end device, as well as the other data listed above is used by us for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a seamless establishment of a connection
- Ensuring comfortable use of our website
- Evaluation of system security and stability
The data is only saved for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose of the saving of the data and is then automatically deleted. In addition, we use so-called cookies, tracking tools and targeting procedures for our website. A more precise explanation of this process and how your data is used for this can be found in Number 3.4 below.
Should you have agreed to so-called geo localisation in your browser or in the operating system, we use this function in order to offer you individual services which are based on your current location. Your location data which is processed in this way is only processed by us for this function. The data is deleted once you end the use.
3.2 Online presence and website optimisation
3.2.1 Cookies – general notice
3.2.2 Google Analytics
For the purpose of tailoring our website to requirements and for the purpose of ongoing optimisation, on the basis of Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter f) GDPR, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc (“Google”). During this process, pseudonymised usage profiles are created and cookies are used. The information concerning your use of the website generated by the cookie, such as
- browser type/version
- operating system used
- referrer URL (the preceding site visited)
- host name of the accessing computer (IP address)
- and time of the server query
are transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, to compile reports concerning the website activities and to provide further services connected to the use of the website and use of the Internet for market research purposes and to ensure the design of these Internet sites is tailored to requirements. This information may also be transferred to third parties, should this be required by law or should third parties process this data on our behalf. Under no circumstances will your IP address be combined with other data by Google. The IP addresses are anonymised, so that it is not possible to attribute these (so-called IP masking).
You can prevent the installation of the cookies by setting your browser software accordingly. However, we wish to point out that in such a case, you may not be able to fully use all functions of this website. You can also prevent the recording of the data generated by the cookie and which relates to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing this browser add on. As an alternative to the browser on, particularly in the case of browsers on mobile end devices, you can also prevent the recording by Google Analytics by clicking on this link. An opt out cookie is set, which prevents the future recording of your data when visiting this website. The opt out cookie is only valid in this browser and only for our website and is set on your device. Should you delete the cookies in this browser, you need to reset the opt out cookie. Further information concerning data protection in connection with Google Analytics can be found on the website of Google Analytics.
4. Recipients outside of the EU
Apart from the processing of your data by us or by service providers engaged by us in Switzerland in accordance with the GDPR, with the exception of the processing stated under 3.4.2 we do not pass your data on to recipients headquartered outside of the European Union or European Economic Area. The processing named under 3.4.2 leads to a data transfer of the servers of the providers of tracking and targeting technologies engaged by us. These servers are located in the USA. The data transfer takes place in accordance with the principles of the so-called Privacy Shield and on the basis of so-called standard contractual clauses of the EU Commission.
5. Your rights
Whenever your personal information is processed by us under the terms of the GDPR and the relevant legal requirements are met, you have the following rights:
- Right to information in relation to your personal data saved by us in accordance with Article 15 GDPR; in particular, you can obtain information concerning the processing purposes, the category of the personal data, the category of recipients to whom your data was or is being disclosed, the planned period of saving and the origin of your data, should this not have been obtained from you directly.
- Right to correction of incorrect data or to completion of correct data in accordance with Article 16 GDPR.
- Right to deletion of your personal data saved by us in accordance with Article 17 GDPR, unless statutory or contractual retention periods or other statutory rights and obligations concerning the continued saving of the data must be complied with.
- Right to restriction of the processing of your data in accordance with Article 18 GDPR, should the correctness of the data be disputed by you, should the processing be unlawful but you reject its deletion, should the responsible body no longer require the data however you require it in order to claim, exercise or defend legal claims or should you have submitted an objection to the processing in accordance with Article 21 GDPR.
- Right to data transferability in accordance with Article 20 GDPR, ie the right to be provided with selected data saved by us in a current, machine readable format or to request the transfer to another responsible body.
- Right to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or place of work or of our place of business in this respect.
5.2 Right of objection
In line with the requirements of Article 21 Paragraph 1 GDPR, the processing of data can be objected to for reasons connected to the specific situation of the affected person.
The general right of objection applies to all processing purposes described in this data protection information which are carried out on the basis of Article 6 Paragraph 1 Letter f) GDPR. Except for the special right of objection relating to the processing of data for advertising purposes (see 3.3.3 above), according to the GDPR we are only obliged to implement such a general objection if you state significant reasons for such (for example possible danger to life or health). In addition, you have the option of contacting a supervisory authority or competent body, should you have a reason to object.
6. Data security
All data transmitted by you personally, including your payment data, is transferred with the generally normal and secure standard SSL (secure socket layer). SSL is a secure and trusted standard, which is also used in online banking for example. Amongst others, you can recognise a secure SSL connection by the attached s in the http (for example https://…) in the address list of your browser or by the key symbol in the lower part of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures in order to protect your personal data saved by us against manipulation, partial or complete loss or unauthorised third party access an endeavour to constantly improve our security measures in line with technical developments.
7. Changes to the data protection information
Technological developments, statutory guidelines or differing processes may also impact on this data protection information. Therefore, we reserve the right to alter this data protection information at any time with effect for the future. The respective current version of the data protection information can be found on our website. We recommend that you regularly visit this document which forms part of our web shop, so that you can familiarise yourself with the respectively applicable provisions.
As of: 25.05.2018